Interfaith thanksgiving service
IN PERSON WORSHIP GUIDELINES
In person Worship Service has resumed but we encourage you to worship with us online on Facebook or YouTube
Our basics are:
- 6 ft physical distance between households
- Masks shall be worn in the church building
- The entrance and exit doors will be clearly marked
- No fellowship time!
- Ushers seat everyone, and dismiss people by row after service
- No Sunday school or nursery.
- High risk individuals are strongly encouraged to continue to shelter in place.
- PLEASE! If you are not feeling well (cough, fever, or a sore throat) stay home!
- Worship attendees must wear a face mask or shield. Disposable masks will be available.
- A limited number of reusable shields will be provided at a cost of $10.
- Pews will be marked to enforce 6 feet of social distancing between family units. Please sit in a marked spot.
Offering plates are available in the back of the sanctuary for you to place your gifts when you arrive or leave. Offerings will continue to be collected via mail, drop off at the church office, or online.
There will be no physical sharing of the peace. When greeting others before or after the service, please give a peace sign with your fingers, air hug, wave, or other friendly acknowledgment rather than a hug or a handshake.
Hymnals, pew Bibles, and seat cushions have been removed.
Worship bulletins will be provided for you to use and take with you.
Group singing is discouraged. We encourage you to spend time meditating on the lyrics. Maybe hum along or sing quietly to yourself. We realize this will be one of the most difficult changes, however, experts have strongly cautioned against this practice.
The assisting minister will lead the reading, prayers and lead the congregational responses.
On Communion Sunday, the second Sunday of the month, you can pick up the Communion kit on your way into the sanctuary. Please throw away the cup on your way out.
- We will dismiss people by pews. Please leave the building promptly and do not mingle in the sanctuary or narthex. The fellowship room will be closed.
- For the time being, there will be no fellowship or coffee hour, however, you may visit with others outside the church building while observing physical distancing. Please move away from the door to allow others their space and wear masks.
- Future plans are to have small groups meet at church. Once we secure the proper equipment these should be limited to ten. A mask or shield should be worn by all.
Dress as you like, all are welcome!
Visit Bethel’s Facebook page for more information